Agricultural Knowledge Management Unit
- Mr. Sujai Das, Scientist, In-charge
- Mr. K.G. Nath, Sr. Technical Officer
- Mr. Subir Kundu, Sr. Technical Assistant
AKMU is committed to promote ICT driven technology and information dissemination system for quick and cost-effective delivery of messages in agriculture. Agricultural Knowledge Management Unit (AKMU) has been responsible for computerization and implementation of ICT and promotes ICT driven technology and information dissemination system for quick, effectual and cost-effective delivery of messages to all the stakeholders in agriculture.
- To enhance accessibility of research information.
- To build the capacity to organize, store, retrieve and use the relevant information into the agricultural research infrastructure.
- To improve capacity options to plan, execute, monitor and evaluate research programs.
- To share information over national agricultural research system
Major Activities of AKMU
- Providing Internet connectivity to all Divisions & Sections.
- Providing campus Local Area Network (LAN)
- Providing integrated campus Wireless Local Area Network (WiFi) facility
- National Knowledge Network (NKN) connectivity @ 100 mbps bandwidth under the national project.
- The New website of NINFET is being updating regularly.
- Maintaining Aadhar enabled Bio-Metric Attendance System and offline biometric attendance devices installed in various locations in the Institute campus.
- Providing IP based Video Conference and software based VC facility.
- Providing the Interactive Mobile App for stake holder.
- Upgrading the Institute social media network for better disseminating of Institute technology
- To give technical advice for IT related procurement, operation, etc.
- For better IT security, providing gateway level security i.e. Cyberoam security systems (UTM) and client level security.
- Providing uniform communication system for staff.
In-Charge AKMU: Shri Sujai Das, Scientist